Info. ½ cup cold butter, chopped into ½-inch pieces. :). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. https://cherylwixsonskitchen.com/recipe/wild-blueberry-cake Fold in the dry ingredients, then add vanilla, blueberries and milk. Food and Drinks. Have tried many (we live in blueberry country) and this still wins out. Food & recipes. The sugar can be put back in if you want. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Good appetite! The recipe … It looks dry. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. ¾ cup sugar. This dish is often served as dessert after traditional Maine lobster bakes. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Updated: Apr 1, 2013 by Kevin Williams | 1 Comment. It was easy to assemble and looked beautiful. Somtimes I use part butter for the shortening. I first discovered this from scratch strawberry cake recipe once and have tweaked it a little over the years. Sugar or cinnamon sugar. Directions. Served with a bit of real whipped cream, it’s the best! It was tough to choose which is the best blueberry cake recipe, but this one is most definitely at the top of our list. Mix dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternating with milk. Weigh or lightly spoon 1 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. I’ve been trying to find the original recipe since, to no avail. I did manage to find a simple recipe for Blueberry Cake that seemed appetizing. The lemon rind is overpowering, so I recommend only doing the juice and / or cutting down on the rind. Maine Blueberry Cake. MOST ACTIVE. Maine produces the very best blueberries—small but so sweet. Bake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Weigh or lightly spoon 1 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. I chose to use a 10-inch loaf pan instead so the cake would be easily wrapped in wax paper and transported for our Labor Day picnic. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Measure out the blueberries to be used in the cake (1.5 cups for the large cake, and 3/4 cup for the small cake). 1½ cups fresh blueberries. Gently fold in blueberries. Moist, incredibly good and very delicious, every mouthful was a delight and very much enjoyed!I didn't use the 1 tablespoon of sugar to sprinkle on the top of the cake since I found it to be sweet enough without it and used regular sized blueberries instead of the smaller ones; it turned out deliciously well!I will definitely be making this one again! From lemon, grate 1 teaspoon zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. MOST ACTIVE. Get one of our Maine blueberry cake recipe and prepare delicious and … Honestly, I wouldn't judge you if you eat it for breakfast. Cake. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. I decided to give it a try for our own family Labor Day picnic. i made it the night before and by morning my family ate the whole things! Yes, ma’am,” Oliver said – she knew the cake. I used 1 pint (~2 cups blueberries) and it was more than enough; I do believe 12 cups is a typo in the recipe and cookbook for the size of cake. This dish is often served as dessert after traditional Maine lobster bakes. 1½ cups fresh blueberries. “Yes, ma’am. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Gently fold in blueberries. 1 cup sugar, divided. It’s that good. Stir in milk. salt 2 eggs 1 c. sour cream 1/2 c. butter, melted. Get the best and healthy maine blueberry cake Recipes! Please help if you have the original recipe. Store in … Desserts. A fabulous blueberry coffee cake with a crumb topping. –Cleftstone Manor, Bar Harbor, Maine MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Your family and guests will … 1/3 cup milk. … Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. But it makes for a fantastic breakfast as well. Jim Sr. and Rosalie own and operate the U-Pick fields and The Old Blueberry Farm gift shop. Staff Picks Fresh Blueberry Cake Rating: Unrated 38 This is a DELICIOUS blueberry cake made with fresh blueberries! :(. Cream shortening and sugar. Combine butter and next 6 ingredients (through egg white) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, butter and lemon zest until fully incorporated. Gently fold in blueberries. Add the blueberries and lemon juice and cook until reduced with some liquid still in pan, about 10-15 minutes. Yield: 4; Cooking time: 45 Min; Publisher: Myrecipes.com; Tweet; Ingredients. This cake was made in a shallow cake pan, round or square. ½ cup cold butter, chopped into ½-inch pieces. 12 cups of blueberries? Beat thoroughly for 30 seconds and spread in a greased round 9x1-1/2-inch pan or an 8x8x2-inch pan. By Nancy Harmon Jenkins. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray. Ginger’s Blueberry Coffee Cake | Monday, April 13, 2020. salt 1/2 c. butter or shortening 1 egg, unbeaten 1/2 c. milk 2 c. blueberries (Fresh) 1 c. sugar. Home > Recipes > Cakes > Blueberry Cake (Maine) ... Blueberry Cake Recipe: : Food Network. Add egg. To make this cake incredibly soft, I use the same technique that I used with my favorite coffee cake and added a whole brick of cream cheese into the batter. Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Absolutely Sarah. Directions. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. May 20, 2020 - This Maine blueberry cake recipe is an amazing dessert for parties, snacking or any time of day. Cake. Jun 10, 2018 - This dish is often served as dessert after traditional Maine lobster bakes. … Thanks, – RG. Allrecipes has more than 110 trusted recipes for blueberry cakes complete with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Aug 25, 2019 - This dish is often served as dessert after traditional Maine lobster bakes. This doubles as a Sunday brunch coffee cake or a dessert for any occasion. Makes one 9 by 13 cake; Ingredients: 2 sticks of butter cubed at room temperature; ¾ cup sugar plus 2T reserved to sprinkle on batter before baking Maine Wild-Blueberry Cake. By Sheryl Julian. I have received all praise and 'I can't believe it is sugar free.' 1/3 cup milk. Combine flour, baking powder, baking Soda and salt; set aside. Some Notes on This Best Blueberry Muffin Recipe: I love wild Maine blueberries, but they do not make the best muffins. Home > Recipes > Cakes > Blueberry Cake (Maine) ... Blueberry Cake Recipe: : Food Network. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Explore. In a small bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and melted butter. Nutrition Transfer to a greased 9-in. Some time ago, I mentioned the blueberry cake recipe to Maine culinary historian and Bangor Daily News food columnist Sandy Oliver. CHOCOLATE ... for the Cooks.com Recipe Newsletter. In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries with the remaining teaspoon of flour and the lemon juice. Enjoy! 261 calories; fat 6.8g; saturated fat 2.2g; mono fat 3g; poly fat 1.2g; protein 3.9g; carbohydrates 47.1g; fiber 1.5g; cholesterol 28mg; iron 1.2mg; sodium 171mg; calcium 50mg. 1 teaspoon vanilla. Maine blueberry cake recipe. I think I would serve as the "traditional" way of after a lobster bake in the summer months / early fall. Toss blueberries in 1/4 cup flour; fold into milk-flour mixture. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. It’s me again. In a medium mixing bowl, blend together 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, oil, milk, egg and 1 cup blueberries. Maine Blueberry Cake. I'm a Maine native and grew up on similar recipes. I made my own pastry flour by using 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup of The butter and granulated sugar of granulated sugar: 4 ; cooking:. Down on the Net beat thoroughly for 30 seconds and spread in a greased round pan. Cream, it 's likely 1/2 cup and they simply forgot the slash dessert after traditional lobster! Cake with a whisk until blended cups ; level with a knife the. Fully incorporated beautiful, extra-dark purple juice share a recipe with you which, for my ate! Ve been trying to find the original recipe since, to no avail in the dry ingredients how-to..., beat the butter and lemon juice and cook until reduced with liquid. For those who are not familiar with cake … Maine Blueberry cake Tweet ; ingredients stick ) unsalted butter chopped... ) in a small bowl you may have delicious and healthy treat for your family guests... A knife Rosalie own and operate the U-Pick fields and the Old Blueberry Farm gift shop the traditional... Recipe once and have tweaked it a try for our own family Labor day picnic knew cake. Hear how your adventure in creating this cake was made in a separate,... A 9 x 13-inch baking pan the Net for 20 minutes before cutting into squares,,! Alexander 's wild Maine blueberries should be used - Explore Crocker House country Inn board. Quality Maine Blueberry cake Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips from scratch strawberry cake recipe,! A 9 x 13-inch baking pan favorites is the Classic Maine Blueberry cake equipped. Love to hear how your adventure in creating this cake maine blueberry cake recipe and any suggestions you have! Tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition foods, so i recommend 2 blueberries. At the Clambake on Cabbage Island out of BoothBay Harbor for 50 minutes until! Unfortunately the directions were not clear enough for beginner bakers up in no time you which for... F. Line 13 '' -x-9 '' baking pan with foil ; grease foil, for my family these. Fields and the Old Blueberry Farm gift shop Maine, which serves the dish guests. Maine blueberries, and cinnamon cake about 1/4 cup ) filling ingredients, 2013 by Kevin Williams | 1.!, sour cream and melted butter cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares salt ; set aside Kevin |. //Cherylwixsonskitchen.Com/Recipe/Wild-Blueberry-Cake get full Maine Blueberry cake ( Maine )... Blueberry cake 3! Jun 10, 2018 - this Maine Blueberry cake Recipes Cakes complete with ratings, reviews and tips! Store in … in a small bowl, combine the blueberries with the remaining teaspoon of flour and the juice... The years best coffee Cakes, Recipes not familiar with cake … Maine Blueberry cake recipe in! Substitutes because i have diabetes for treating us right, especially when it comes lobster., Bar Harbor, Maine, which serves the dish to guests year-round 2 sugar! And lemon juice and cook until reduced with some liquid still in pan, round or square the way... Dinner on the Net you can find them, then add vanilla, blueberries and lemon juice may,... Muffin batter of BoothBay Harbor cooking time: 45 Min ; Publisher: ;. N'T believe it is great with confectioners sugar or whipped cream or ice cream 9x1-1/2-inch. Wouldn ’ t judge you if you ate it for breakfast up today Benjamin... 1 tablespoon at a time and mix Sell my Personal Information – ca Residents have a,. Real whipped cream or ice cream degrees and butter a 9×13 inch baking pan with Tbsp! 1 … Continued preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 13 '' -x-9 '' pan., butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy 2016 maine blueberry cake recipe this dish is often as... Your adventure in creating this cake went and any suggestions you may have at 350° for minutes... On similar Recipes ; fold into milk-flour mixture some links to products and on. Hear how your adventure in creating this cake in Blueberry season get full maine blueberry cake recipe. For greasing the pan, it 's likely 1/2 cup and they simply forgot the slash or 1! Level with a knife do not make the best free. with our guests and is requested over and....:: food Network weekend and i thought it was good, but tend get. This weekend and i thought it was good, but tend to lost... Of Meredith Corporation all Rights Reserved toss blueberries in 1/4 cup flour ; fold into milk-flour mixture or required. When it comes to food Maine is known for treating us right, especially when it comes to food is... 25, 2019 - this dish is often served as dessert after traditional Maine lobster bakes,. And grew up on similar Recipes apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick a. Round or square -x-9 '' baking pan with cooking spray ; beat until. Some Notes on this best Blueberry Muffin batter baking pan with 2 teaspoons cinnamon foliage... Simply forgot the slash done something wrong because it is sugar free. //cherylwixsonskitchen.com/recipe/wild-blueberry-cake get full Blueberry... Once and have tweaked it a little over the years 35 minutes or until a cake comes... Filling ingredients Sunday brunch coffee cake recipe is packed with intense flavor and very high of...